Thursday, January 26, 2006

Those unintentional days off suck !!

Sorry for the silliness last night ... just too heady a combination of dancing, good music, good food, and great wine, and of course, a much needed evening out for both of us! Not something either of us get to do too often, hit the town and spoil ourselves ...

Got woken up at 6am by a supportive friend who thought I still had a pool workout. He was right in waking me though, as I had asked for the wake up call, and had I not been so exhausted, the call would have been mucho helpful and appreciated and I would have gone. Drowning or drinking half the pool water just didn't hold much appeal either ... there are some states of fatigue when one knows that it's not a good idea put your face in water.

So I slept in a wee bit, actually another 2 hours, and got up feeling better. Worked on the fund-raiser, did some dancing with S. in my living room before he headed back for Ottawa, then had some afternoon appointments. Headed to the pool with the kids after the appointments but was met with a huge disappointment.

"It's locked," my son said.

"What?!" Yup, the pool was closed all day today. So no swim workout tonight either. What a drag, and I had been looking forward to it. This is not good ... I'm used to swimming 5 days/week, and I have not been swimming since Monday. This is turning out to be too easy a week and I feel guilty ...

Good news is that I will hit the hay soon. I promise ... I'm not fooling you this time ... really ...

Oh yes, I landed an audition and got a role as a reporter in a short film! Shooting next week ... hope it doesn't interfere with my training!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

everything interferes with our training......

10:03 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

ditto

6:07 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home