Friday, January 20, 2006

Veritable orgy!

Quite the gang today ... Mr. Pool, Mr. SB, Mr. TM, and a surprise visitor ... Ms. Elliptical ...

Mid-day workout:
Running: 25 min. - light and breezy to and from pool (I swim at many different pools)
Swimming: 55 min. - I was a really good girl and practiced all the drills we did yesterday morning in my tri club swim workout, and you know what? They help! Added some sprints in at the end for some pizzaz ...

Evening workout:
- met up with the advanced members of the tri club
- we did the spinning bikes for a half hour and kept a solid 90 rpm pace throughout after the quick warm-up. Simulated sprinting and hill climbing.
- afterwards, we jumped off the bikes and some of us jumped right onto the treadmill, while I got alloted the elliptical trainer. Mr. SB and Mr. TM I can handle, but hmmm ... don't know if I swing that way ... sorry Ms. Elliptical. You're cute and we chatted for a good 15 minutes, but I was happy to jump onto Mr. TM for another 12 minutes after the others finished. Then I got booted off by Eric my trainer who needed it for the other tri members. Eric told me "Good job. " Yay!
- Alright, now that I've met Ms. Elliptical ... Mr. TM, I must apologize for my lack of warmth and respect towards you and I promise not to diss you (as often). I had some fun running mainly at 6.5, speeding up to 7.0 and 7.5 for a while and even did a bunch of short intervals at 8.0 and 9.0. I felt like I needed a KICK in my legs that Ms. Elliptical didn't provide.
- There was another runner on the other TM and he was running like a maniac for a while. I went over to him and saw his speed at 10.9 and thought instantly of Grommit from my running group. But I'm sure that fella isn't crazy enough to run a TM marathon ...

Spinning: 30 min.
Elliptical trainer: 15 min.
Treadmill: 12 min.
Stretching: 10 min. (I'm bad and don't stretch often enough ...)
Swimming: 75 min.

Pardon? Yes, I went for a second swim and it would have only been for 55 minutes, but I started practicing the butterfly stroke and I couldn't get out of the pool just like that ... had to cool down a bit, and then well, um, I got distracted with some sprinting. I still think the butterfly stroke is way too awesome - happy I'm gettting smoother and faster and stronger at it ... I think I wowed some people. (pat pat pat ... oh that feels good to my swimming ego :-)

Now it's time for supper. Good thing I ate some toast before this 2 1/4 hour+ evening workout. Who thinks I will sleep well tonight? I'm actually all excited from my workout, but I'm sure once I start working on my audition and learning lines tonight, I would rather be snoozing ...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home