Tuesday, January 24, 2006

God, I love my unintentional days off !!

Felt emotionally drained today. Guess I'm feeling a little burnt out from everything that's happened recently. I spoke with my mother tonight and she is feeling better, apart from some bad nausea this morning. She definitely sounds better, which is a good thing. We'll see what the doctors say next week ...

In my mind, I had a huge training day planned today, but as I sipped my tea later this afternoon and contemplated running, somehow, my body assumed a horizontal position on the couch ... the couch ... I love my couch ... zzzzzzz.

The phone rang and it was my trainer Dirk. He asked me how many hours I have available per week to train, and I told him that my schedule is flexible, we would adjust on a per week basis if necessary (depends on work, the couch, and kiddies, ya know!) He said he got a chance finally to read my blog in its entirety... uh-oh ... I wasn't sure what he was going to say about my inconsistent training.

Bonnie:
You know I don't have a program yet ... um, you're going to give me my program soon, right?"
Dirk:
About your training, I only have one thing to say about it ...
Bonnie:
What, I know, it's all over the place. I'm just trying to do some base-building ...
Dirk:
Well, you certainly are active.
Bonnie:
But what do you think of my training so far?
Dirk:
There's only one thing you really have to change.
Bonnie:
(thinks for a second ... "not enough biking")
Dirk:
You need to get more sleep.

Alright, I've had enough comments from the peanut gallery. The People have been heard! I will try to get some more sleep ... soon, I promise! But right now, I have to go write an article for the magazine "Asianwave" to introduce the column I will be writing that will chronicle my "Ironman Journey." Deadline is Thursday at noon! And I still have fund-raising invitations to send out!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You're a nut but you brought a much needed smile to my face this morning as I'm having my coffee and planning my day (sigh)...have an excellent one strong one.

6:06 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home