Saturday, January 28, 2006

The sleep fairy came and took me away ...

Busy day running around and worked a little later than I thought I would. Everything's in for my article for Asianwave, made the deadline and even included a few pics.

Never got out to run on the mountain :-( not enough time. Plan B, run around Lafontaine Park not too far from the kids school. Glitch - two recycling trucks on my street, couldn't get the car out. Plan C - run around my neighbourhood for, don't laugh, 2k, then hop into my car to go pick up my kids at their school. Ran another 2k in that neighbourhood while waiting for them to get dressed. What was all this for? Why the rush? To make the free swim period in the pool close by my house.

As I said, I haven't swum since Monday, but it felt like I hadn't swam all month, but caught up quickly thank goodness. Met up with Claude, a beautifully graceful swimmer who's been very nice in giving me good tips. She said "swim beside me" and I felt like we were a pair of dolphins. Then on the lap back, I hit her leg with my arm accidentally, then hit the lane divider with my other arm, getting a bit embroiled with it, ruining my rhythm and of course glugging down some pool water. I wondered how the heck am I going to be able to manage swimming out with over 2000 swimmers during the Ironman?!!?!!

After the kids went down, I did dishes and laundry and lo and behold, while folding the laundry, the couch, oh the couch ... My son woke me up at almost 5am and told me that I should go to bed. The television and all the lights were on (not my style I swear!) I got up and shut everything off and got ready for bed and my son was happy to crawl in with me to cuddle. Slept 9 1/2 hours altogether.

Aaaaaahhh!!

Oh yes, I received a surprise in the mail from Dirk, my trainer .... stay tuned ...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home