Monday, January 30, 2006

"Maybe I should stop raising money for charity to get C's approval." Snarky rant #3

Thought I would quickly share this with you.

Got an e-mail from C. today criticizing the Team Diabetes program of fund-raising and racing. Yes, they do cover certain costs, like race registration and welcome and celebration dinners, as well as either airfare or hotel, but what he fails to recognize is that the target amounts we need to raise as members of their team incorporate this overhead and guarantee our also raising "X" $amount way beyond the overhead. It's simple ... it's called incentive.

So far, I've raised $22,000 for the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society of Canada. Maybe I just wasted my time. Maybe I should have just made it a selfish issue and trained harder to get a better time instead of undertraining so I could fund-raise instead. Yeah, that would have been wiser ... not raising a penny. Anyway, I didn't really need to run that third marathon that year after also having run three other half marathons. I shouldn't have squeezed in the training and fund-raising at all as I was already working full-time and a single mom of two. CSI is a great show and I should have been laying down on that fabulous couch of mine watching it instead ... what do you think?

C. also complained again about the lack of time I gave him.

I wrote C. back and told him that maybe I should just do Ironman Montreal and not raise a cent for charity, which would for sure cost me less personally too! He doesn't quite get it either that if I'm not even fitting enough sleep in for myself, which is essential to my well-being, then I highly doubt that he, as an immature man, should take priority.

He wrote back again, and I did one thing. DELETE.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

.......Go Sally Baby Go.... since when did u need anybody's blessing? ... and I'd go for the more mature men too!!!

5:54 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home