Sunday, January 29, 2006

Look what I got in the mail ...

Went snowboarding today with the kiddies. What great fun! Someone please tell me this counts as some form of cross-training otherwise I will feel like a sloth. Snowboarding is like holding a squat position all the way down the hill ... Hey, my thighs were burning by the end of the evening!

So a little while back, Dirk my trainer asked me if I had gotten it yet. I said, "What?" He told me he had sent me a package. Alright, cool ... I didn't question him as to what it was, figured it was something cool, 'cause Dirk is a real cool guy, you know. Boy was I surprised ... it was more than cool, it was UBER-INCREDIBLE WOW !!

Here are the things in the box ...

1) Go Gels, not just a couple of them, but a box of 24 of them! Woohoo! Only one problem though ... I'm not actually doing anything strenous enough yet to merit them. Good thing they keep in the freezer. Nice to know you have faith in me Dirk!








2) A nifty cycling wind jacket ... this I can't use right away either ... but I loooove cycling gear so will definitely get around to using it! And hopefully sooner than later. I definitely won't be needing it when Mr. SB (stationary bike) and I meet up. Anyway, he's not too picky about looks, doesn't need the sexy sports clothes ... lets just about anyone sit on him. Dirk also included a really nice cycling jersey which I will be using too soon ... Sorry no pic of that as my photographer son got hungry and I had to feed him a snack. Can't wait to get my bike tires changed from slicks to knobbies so that I can start outside ... this week! I need to take a Bike Maintenance 101 course ... Hmmm ...


3) A triathlon suit!!! You're the BEST, Dirk!!! Here are several views:
If I had short hair, I'd be a man ...

I am Woman, hear me Roar!!

And one of my back, at Toulouse's insistence ..

Yes, Dirk, I have a few more muscles than when you last saw me 4 1/2 years ago ... :-)

4) A real cool tri top modelled by Toulouse at MY insistence ... I would wear it the other way round for personal reasons though.

*By the way ... all photos click open to bigger ones ... in case you want to check out the Go Gels ...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home