Monday, January 30, 2006

Late to bed, early to rise ... wait, there's something wrong with this picture!

Boy, it sure felt good to sleep in today! Still didn't get enough sleep, but after this fund-raiser for the Canadian Diabetes Association is over, I'll have a lot less work to do.

Managed to get to a pool today with the kids, albeit for a short period. Well, I figured an intense swim was better than no swim at all, so I did mainly front crawl for 35 min. Still find it so hard ... when will this get easier?!?! If I could express myself with an angry/frustrated emoticon, it would go here X but alas, I am confined by Blogger capabilities. Alternate is just to do this:

ARGH !!!

Alright, am I feeling better now? Nope, not really ... doesn't change a thing about how I swim. Good news is that Dirk will be coming to train me soon, he's just figuring out dates for his flight. He told me about a woman who came in dead last for her swims and after only three sessions, finished with a good hundred swimmers behind her. Hmm ... I'd like to be able to finish before her. No, no, I'm not competitive :-)

Got on Mr. SB tonight because the alternative was running outside in cold blowing snow & 40-60km/h winds and I just didn't feel like it. I have to find some way to adjust my stationary bike better ... feels like I am always on a hill-climbing setting and that's on the easiest one too! Bad news is that I counted my rpm's incorrectly the first time I used it ... doh! So I'm not cycling nearly as fast as I'd like or need to. Felt pretty good about my 45 min. cycle and even though it was 11pm, I contemplated for a minute whether or not I should get dressed and go for that run after all ... Good thing no one could see me jogging up and down my hallway in my undies, aka home cycling clothes, checking out the feel of my legs right after cycling and wondering what it would be like to run a marathon after cycling 180k.

I made a point of not sitting on my couch tonight, 'cause I knew I would be a goner. I lay down for a couple of minutes earlier this evening to cuddle my son, and I could have fallen asleep. Alright, with that said, it's time for shut-eye. Have to recuperate properly before I start my "easy" base-building schedule that Dirk will give me "soon". I asked how many hours of training were in the first week and he said "Eleven". That averages to an hour and 50 minutes every day. I don't even get to sleep that much some days ... ugh.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home