Tuesday, January 17, 2006

What a great albeit busy day!

Wow, I got to sleep in until 9:30am, 6 1/2 hours sleep. I should have gotten up earlier, but after yesterday's shoot, I was BEAT, especially considering I had had only two and a half hours sleep the night before since I was up working late on my website. Lots of phone calls today with regards to my upcoming fund-raiser ... it's so exciting! I'm working on details with my sponsors for what will be an AMAZING event. Hope you will be there! I'll let you know when the website becomes ALIVE officially.

Long day, and I haven't eaten supper yet but just wanted to say I had a good training today. Don't know if we're ever going to get music for my tri club spinning class, but I actually find that the time goes quickly as we're all talking and laughing and asking questions ... and of course spinning and sometimes "burning" too. Today, we were just five people, so it felt more like we were on a training ride together, except I couldn't draft anyone. My coach Eric is cool and the members of the club are really friendly.

After the class, I changed as fast as possible and hopped into the pool for a very short and intense workout. Had to be, I only had 15 minutes. I started with a warm-up of 25m breast stroke followed by two laps of front crawl, then I thought, heck, I'll add another lap of front crawl before I do a lap of breast stroke, but something happened and I don't know ... I just continued doing front crawl non-stop for another 25 laps or so ... then I took a 30 sec. break and did 25m of my precious butterfly stroke to finish with a bang. Nicholas from my tri club who had come down to the pool to his locker (he's a lifeguard there) saw me and screamed out "butterfly!" and it made me laugh as I had told him in the spinning class that I had just recently discovered it and how much I loved it.

Wish I had had more time in the pool ... I'm actually quite enjoying my trysts with Mr. Pool. He's exciting and still a little mysterious to me ... gets my heart racing!

Nicholas told me that the advanced members of the tri club meet on Sat. for a more "open" swim ... no lanes, just circumference laps of the pool. They cover 3.5km in all during the practice. I'm tempted to go, if even for part of it, but am I ready? Hmmm .... I do like a challenge.

Not bad for a girl who couldn't do more than five strokes of front crawl last November and who failed even Level Two swim classes when younger. Yes, I failed it many many times until I passed it at the age of 13 and then I never swam again really until this Ironman thing ...

The power of the mind is incredible ...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home