Friday, February 15, 2008

My true motivation

I haven't trained since last Monday's swim. Catching up on 7 months of accounting and working on the upcoming "Operation Triumph" website trumped my training program.

Tonight, I decided for some stupid reason that it was time to run. Perhaps I would have been wiser to have decided this on an evening when it wasn't so bitterly cold ... -20C with the windchill factor, but I figured I had some good reasons to get out:

1) I had a new pair of cross country ski gloves to try out (brrr, not so warm for the first 8 minutes but fine after I warmed up my hands during 2)

2) I had to pass by a friend's house and pick up my new contact lenses that she had so kindly brought back from the store for me

3) I had to pick up groceries.

I figured these were good enough reasons to get my butt outside and into gear for a short run. 35 minutes, short but sweet. Oh that slippery snow ... but I got to watch the snow removal team do their thing while running down a particular street. I just LOVE those machines and the entire process. The kids and I used to watch them out the window in front of our house ... it was so entertaining and fascinating.

In fact ... it still is, even without the kids present!

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home