Tuesday, May 15, 2007

The End of the Ottawa Marathon Experiment

Due to unexpected bad news, I am cancelling my Ottawa Marathon Experiment and have deferred my race until next year.

My mother is ill again. Her cancer has returned and she has tumours in her lungs. I am sure that her still healing from the liver transplant complicates things ... I am beside myself with grief.

She told me this news on Mother's Day, having only just found out recently herself. What a crappy day to discuss this ... I have been crying and exhausted since ... don't want to run, don't want to ride, don't want to swim, though I suppose doing any of these three would be good for me right now. All I know is that I will need to be as strong as possible for my mother which means needing to back out of the Ottawa Marathon.

There are more important things on my plate right now.

Wish me luck on the long 6-hour+ drive back to see her ... I'm still afraid of highway driving since my big accident. Please send positive vibes to my mother as we await news from the hospital about her condition and possible treatment ...

I am anxious to hold her in my arms and tell her how much I love her ...

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

Blogger FreddyBeachPete said...

Very sorry to hear the news of your Mother's illness. May you both be blessed with strength through this difficult time.

Peter

1:24 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for being there, Peter ...

10:23 a.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's not the end of an experiment, as long as your healthy, the marathon will be there whenever you're ready (uh or not ready hehe). Let's just take care of your mother first and make sure she's well. Hoping that your mother will have the same supportive medical crew as mine did to steer her back to good health.

xoxoxo

11:40 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home