Monday, January 22, 2007

Not too shabby ...

Saturday
- It was friggin' freezin'. Went snowboarding at Bromont with my swing dance friend DC. Only four hours total, two before supper and two afterwards. And of course, a short warm-up break too after the first hour.
- Took a bit to get used to the cold. Well, I think perhaps I got more used to it than DC. -17C, windchill factor making it more like -27C. At certain moments, that wind just whipped straight into the face ... wicked wind ... wicked cold ...

Sunday
- I was supposed to run with some other runners in the morning but got an e-mail that it would be -19C with a windchill factor of -32C. I figured that was well below my limit so cancelled the group run.
- Made it out to the pool before it closed to meet up with JC, an acquaintance who just joined the tri club to which I used to belong. Swam at least a kilometre. No time for more. The lifeguard told me it looks like I've made progress. I told him I haven't really been swimming the past two months and not really that much actually after the Ironman

Nick: "You actually did the Ironman?"
Silly Sally: "Yup." :-)

Not bad, seems I'm "sorta" finding a training rhythm. I'm not doing long distances or times yet though, just trying to stay consistent.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home