Wednesday, June 14, 2006

If you can walk to pick it up, it's not a good thing!

Motorist gripe #1:
Get off your cell phone!!

Motorist gripe #2:
The "must wait 3 seconds when the light turns green" rule is a fallacy.

-------------------------------------------------------
Finally got onto my bike and rode for 2 h 52 min., almost 71km. Average speed was 24.6, max speed was about 40 km/h. Not that bad considering yet once again I rode into a headwind along the river. Hang on here ... there seems to be some sort of correlation ... wind ... along the river... Interesting ...

I must admit, my legs felt tired today, albeit the rest I got yesterday. I hope they will be in shape tomorrow since I have a mega-huge leg training session. Hills with my bike followed by a long run. OOF!! Maybe I'll be really brave and try for a brick ... or maybe I'll do nothing but lounge all day and write on my blog and say I did it.

Met up with my friend, B., for a bit of golf practice at the driving range. Needless to say, not being a golf player, I didn't do too well with the first few balls. A little embarrassed and thinking no one was watching me, I walked onto the grass in front of me to retrieve my ball. B. shouts out, "If you can walk to pick it up, it's not a good thing!" Great, a spectator.

There is that precious moment just before hitting the ball where everything gets still and totally focused. Yeah, right ... try telling that to the mosquitos buzzing around me. OUCH!

Folks, don't wear a mini-skirt and tank top at night at a driving range infested with mosquitos.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home