Wednesday, June 14, 2006

Things you don't want to see during the swim leg

This is hilarious ... check it out by clicking here ... I just love the Coolrunning e-boards :-)

I'm just on a lunch break. Had my audition. Folks, do not head out right after swimming anywhere where "racoon eyes" might be a negative. I realised this after I got back from the pool and had to get ready for my audition. Make-up does not hide the distinct "racoon eyes" that swim goggles leave behind. Think about it ... how long do bedsheet lines take to leave your face in the morning? Now add some distinct puffiness and make the lines much deeper. Yup, raccoon eyes.

Swim:
- 200 m warm-up
- 8 x 250 m, 20 sec. rest
- 100 m to practise "sighting" - I suck at this ... have to learn to re-balance my body
- 150 m cool down - breast stroke and back crawl
- Total = 2450 m (well, actually, probably more like 2340 m since this is the "short" pool) in 55 min.

Nice thing was there was hardly anyone at the pool and for a long while, I had the lane all for myself.

Well, off to cycle.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

..a lane to yourself, soooo lucky...love it when that happens, today at lunch, I had a lady same speed as I but we shared with a fast chap doing something I don't quite know...df

4:33 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home