Thursday, June 08, 2006

JB says "Sucks to be you"

Cool and dreary day today ... rain, but I waited it out and only went to train when it stopped. JoeBoxter made fun of me since he knew what was on my training schedule for the day ... and I didn't feel like it ...

BIKE
- climbed Camilien Houde, our little mountain, and did it in a more difficult gear, as Erik, my triathlete team coach told us not to use the easiest gear so we would have leeway if needed when it got tougher. It got tougher closer to the top and I changed into a smaller gear but my non-cycling legs were burning, so I wimped out. I stopped and took a 30 sec. rest. OOF! Not good, but it allowed me to finish the last bit of the climb without pain and a little faster
- did a bunch of other small hills on the way back home to make a grand cycling time of one hour

RUN
- I changed into my cycling clothes and ate a banana, downed some juice, checked my e-mail (yes, I am a geek girl) then headed right back out the door after a long transition time of 11 min.
- I ran for 66 min., maybe about 11 km or so. My legs felt alright throughout, never heavy, but I could certainly feel the fatigue of the week's training. I actually cheated on my run since it was supposed to be an hour and a half ... but I ran out of time. I had to head out the door for another night of bad triathlon girl socializing (supper and dancing) but I must say, it felt good to do a BRICK !! Roooaarrr!!

When I was running, it dawned on me to start something new each Friday ...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home