Monday, June 12, 2006

I hate intervals

Alright, the intervals weren't THAT bad this time round ... I had company. Nothing like misery loving company ...

First though, 55 min. in the pool with my triathlon team. Drills and sprints and 500m swim. I didn't make it to the second set of 500m ... did some extra drill sets trying to correct my technique - ARGH!!! Swimming is sooooo difficult!

Then back home to start supper. My friend Sly arrived. He used to run and recently picked up running again, and when I say recently, I mean like last week. The embarrassing thing is, I already knew before running with him that he would kick my a$$. I think only if we ran 25k+ together would I be able to shake him finally and be able to drop him. Argh ... these runners with natural speed and endurance. I'm soooo jealous! ;-)

We went the long way to Jarry Park and ran around the circuit there.

Warm-up 22 min.
8 sets of 4 min. race pace, 2 min. recuperation (walking)
Cool-down jog back home 3 min.

Total run time = 1h 13 min.

Then a feast on BBQ pork chops, rapini with garlic and rice. I make the best BBQ sauce ... request it and the recipe's yours ...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home