Sunday, June 11, 2006

Date question: Why are ...

I "rushed" to the pool yesterday afternoon. Rushed, why rushed ... 'cause I missed the other period at the other pool and didn't want to miss this one! Got there late anyway, by five minutes, and that made all the difference. Didn't have enough time to finish my scheduled workout.

Swim:
- 250m warm-up
- 6 x 175m, 20 sec. rest
- 4 x 125m, 15 sec. rest
- I was supposed to do 6x 125m, but the pool closed. Ugh. On top of that, the pool is actually a bit shy of 25m, perhaps just under 24m, so I sprinted back an extra lap to try to make up for some of that lost distance. Valiant attempt, but I still feel like I "cheated" on the training.

Run:
- 45 min. easy run
- When I got home, I changed and went out into the rain and ran with my neighbour Kneejerk. She had a little injury and was limping slightly but both of us wanted her to test herself before heading out for long but moderately fast run with TurtleBoy tomorrow. I advised her against it. TurtleBoy should have changed his name a long time ago to RabbitBoy.
- We went and checked out various stores along the way to pick this up - I'm famous! (click on it to make it bigger so you can read it ... hang on, not working, Blogger glitch ... I'll fix this soon):

Later that night, I went to MJ's house and was joined by Jeffy. We watched a chick flick called "Just Like Heaven" There's a car crash scene in it, and it brought tears to my eyes ... I still see my accident too clearly sometimes and relive that moment when I thought I was going to die ...


We ended up talking about relationships.

Mine and MJ's question (and dating dilemma):

Why are men afraid of strong women? Do they feel emasculated by us? Does their ego get in the way that we do not think they are Gods? Why can't we just be equals?

We tried to put it down to so many different things ... how much money we make or don't make, what job we do, our interests and achievements, confidence level, blah blah blah, and we still couldn't figure out what turns a guy on or off. And I really don't want to use the line "I'm a sex toy consultant" on the first date, you know!

MJ said she's trying to come across more feminine and "vulnerable" in her dates. I actually don't bloody care - I'll be who I am. Sure I have a super feminine and sultry side which comes out regardless of the balls that MJ says I have. LOL!!! Jeffy thought we were both great, but he's a sweetie ...

MJ said it's hard to fit me into any kind of box which might scare men. I replied, yeah, and my training for an Ironman doesn't help. Just wait until I tell my dates I'm training for a second one. (Ironman Canada 2007 is the 25th anniversary ... soooo tempting!)

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

"I'm a sex toy consultant" .... I would love to have a transcpipt of that job interview.
BTW I think you have a lot to offer some lucky Guy don't give up I know there are a lot of single women out there having trouble trying to find Mr. Right or Mr. right now. I'm trying to have a fire sale to get my two old maid sister-in-laws married and off my back.

Roly

5:30 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

..relationships are alot of work...your discussion must have been quite interesting, its one I've had with both men and women friends...personally, I like the alone thing for now..only have myself to please ;- )...don't roll your eyes like that Iron Goddess..df

8:02 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home