Tuesday, June 13, 2006

Caught in the doorway

Unintended day off from training ... I swear, I really meant to train today ... Ugh. I am a bad triathlete wannabe.

I ended up getting a whole bunch of work done on the computer and when it was finally time to get going for my cycle (timed to coincide with my triathlon team practice later that evening), I ended up ... ahem ... writing. Hilarious ... I sat at my computer completely geared up in my cycling clothes, my bike all ready to go loaded up with bottles of sport drink. I even had food in my jersey back pockets. I didn't mean to sit back down but sometimes, when inspiration hits, one must go with it, and the particular piece on which I was working had an ASAP deadline.

I finish the first draft and try again to head out the door. I put on my shoes, helmet and cycling glasses and start taking my bike outside. The phone rings and I leave my bike halfway on the porch and halfway in the hallway ... caught in the doorway. It's my agent with an audition and we end up talking for a little bit. Good, good ... I get ready to go again.

Then the phone rings again and it's my friend Sly who almost obliterated me while running last night. He talks about his weekend plans and how he's looking for a lake for me to swim in where he can kayak beside me (cause I don't want to drown ... If I drown, I can't do the Ironman). We talk for a while too and I tell him that I am in the middle of heading out, literally!

I look at the time. Darn. Cycling plans ruined - it's too late to head out. I figure it's not worth going out for just a half hour considering I still had to eat supper before heading out for dance practice.

Well, at least I had an amazing dance practice :-)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home