Sunday, June 11, 2006

She'll be coming around the mountain when she comes ...

Good cycle today, though it took forever for me to get out that door. I would have rather stayed in lounging in my pyjamas all day and cuddling up on my couch (yes, all alone!) watching DVDs.

But alas, there's that dang training schedule that I have to adhere now which called for 3.5 hours of cycling. Well, Dirk, I did just a wee bit better ...

Started with a cycle up and over Camilen Houde. It went better than last Thursday and I pushed it all the way up and didn't let myself stop. I was really S-L-O-W by the top, but the first two thirds went better than usual, and the first third is definitely much faster! Came back behind the mountain through the "nice" neighbourhood and over some more little hills.

I decided that was the way to go, hills, so I took Côte-Ste-Catherine from du Parc and went to Décarie, then turned around and came back. Turned right on some street because I wanted to climb again, and ended up on the path that takes me back from Camilien Houde through that "nice neighbourhood".

You have no idea what I am talking about but I do, and those rolling hills after CH were pretty cool. Then I cycled north and then east to the tip of the island to Rivière-des-Prairies. I caught a nice cycling path at the end of it and took that for a bit too, just to add more distance.

All in all, not a bad cycling day ... 90k total in 3h 55min. Average speed was 23 km/h (including all my slow hill time!) and my fastest speed was almost 47 km/h. I might have gone faster coming down off CH, but my new cycling computer went on the fritz for a few minutes and stopped registering.

Oh yes, it was really windy today - 30 km/h winds. Average speed out on more open roads, even with the wind, was pretty well between 26-29 km/h. I worked really hard on my way back home in the headwind to keep a consistent pace.

Two things today:

1) I am not a techie cycling geek and wish I was. If I were, I could have gone out the door sooner to avoid riding at dusk since I would not have had to fiddle so long trying to install my new cycling computer.

2) There are a tremendous amount of bugs out at dusk by the water. I came home and had to pick one out from between my teeth. ICK.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home