Friday, March 17, 2006

Can't swim without a bathing suit

Went to physio again today and C. did a really cool thing ... pressed certain spots where the ribs join the spine .... OOOOWWW! But GOOOOOD!!! I could even feel it in my shoulder blades. Told me he wouldn't have been able to do that earlier because the injury was still too fresh ... So much tension! Slowly but surely, I'm coming back ...

I am IRONWOMAN, hear me ROAR!!

I went to the pool this afternoon. I started getting undressed and proceeded to take my towel, goggles, bathing cap and sandals out of my bag. It would have been nice to take my neat-o tri club bathing suit out next, but I left that at home on the kitchen table. Doh!

And yesterday, I threw my bathing suit and towels into my backpack, got into the car and went off merrily to the pool, looking oh-so-forward to my little dip. I realised while driving that it wasn't my backpack but my kids' identical swim bag. No turning back ... no time! I luckily scrounged up some change in the car to be able to pay for the swim session but was unluckily forced to wear my son's goggles. A 10 year old's face is definitively smaller than mine, as I realised quickly.

So tonight, before I headed out for Pool Attempt #2, I double-checked. Towels, check. Bathing suit, check. Goggles and cap, check.

Tonight's swim was about 40 min. Lots and lots of front crawl laps but didn't feel like flip turning. Just couldn't coordinate keeping the water out of my nose or that extra lung capacity necessary before I can take a breath. Some back crawl for warm-up and cool down, nice and breezy. I like that stroke. I can breathe. Easily. All the time if I want even. I miss my powerful butterfly stroke though but I don't think I'm going to see that for a while. Getting back to running is still first hope on my agenda. My cardio is quickly waning!!

Caught the last half hour of Law & Order. Mr. SB and I were happy with 9 miles of cycling :-)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home