Sunday, March 12, 2006

Bilateral breathing

I was swimming yesterday, a set of continous laps for about 20 min., and then it dawned on me ... I was bilateral breathing like I was supposed to and not thinking so much about it like before. I remember being told by several people that this would happen eventually ... and they were right! A few weeks before the accident, I found myself huffing and puffing by the end of my laps, needing to do lots of same side breathing even after two laps! And then I slowed everything down and started gliding more, kicked a little slower and that bilateral breathing thing started falling into place. And I am so deliriously happy that albeit my lack of swimming, it's still there! ... Like riding a bike.

So I figure since I can't do as much of my other sports, I'll get as fully back into the swimming as physically allowable. One day, I will make myself do 2k, then 3k, then 4k non-stop in the pool and I hope it's sooner than later ...

I was thinking the other day too ... what I consider an abysmal lack of training (a bit of swimming, snowboarding and swing dancing over the past few weeks) is still more than what the "average" person does. Boy I miss my fanatic workout schedule ... I remember the rush of going for a good 12k run followed by an hour workout of kickboxing or swimming ... YEAH BABY !! And I was way less tired then even with my lack of proper sleep than I am these days ...

But alas, it'll just be swimming again today, a little longer though I hope, and if I'm a good girl, I will spend some time on Mr. SB tonight and turn his crank while we catch some "Gray's Anatomy". I just love that show. I was supposed to be a doctor, ya know ...

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey darlin' nice to see you are back "in the swim of things" - duh - so corny but I couldn't resist. Go Sally, go... : - )

6:15 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home