Tuesday, March 07, 2006

The Happy Medium

Went for a swim, yes, a swim today with the kiddies. Lots of lounging around today, relaxing, kept wanting to doze ... zzzz ... guess those two+ weeks of not being able to sleep well have caught up with me and my body knows it needs to heal still.

Before we headed off for the pool, Dirk, my trainer called. He asked me about Mr. SB, having read my blog and already having an idea that I was, um, ignoring him ... Told Dirk of my plans to "swim", albeit what my physio guy told me, and he told me I could if I did not look at the ceiling but just at the benches when I breathed. Those who do front crawl understand this, those who don't, don't. Well, Dirk, I tried, but only succeeded half the time - glugged way too much water too many times - but I think my seeing higher than the benches actually has to do with over-rotation in my valiant attempt to make sure I grab some O2. Don't worry though, I only did about 15 min. of laps ... flip turns are allowed, right? I'm happy that I haven't forgotten how to swim and didn't feel spent at the end of every lap. Spent the rest of the time playing tag with the kids.

Boy, it sure felt good to S-T-R-E-T-C-H out my shoulder and back in the pool, which has kinked up more than before (way too many knots and muscle spasms). So here's the dilemma ... no swimming so as not to aggravate my neck, but not doing any only tightens up my shoulder and back ... ugh. Well, at least I had no headache today :-)

Here's a funny little tidbit that Dirk sent me ...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home