Friday, March 10, 2006

Just when I thought things were getting better ...

Saw my physiotherapist today and he did another bunch of tests ... this time to my shoulders and arms. Looks like I didn't get out of this accident as unscathed as I would have liked. There is damage and inflammation to certain nerves, which can happen with whiplash, more on the left side than the right, as per my suspicion when I had trouble pouring ketchup for my son yesterday and dropped the bottle, almost spilling my milk.

But I'm allowed to swim, though slowly and carefully, lots of stretching ... which I did happily today - about 20 min. of laps, no drills. No running yet, cycling is allowed though if I don't hunch over the handlebars (Mr. SB, not outdoors). Sigh.

But I told myself I'll start up again with my tri group ... the atmosphere and camraderie will be good for my morale :-)

Cheating death has it's good points, but the recovery just sucks!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home