Friday, March 03, 2006

New set of wheels + pain rating of 2 = happiness

Picked up my little Aveo today - she rocks! I had an appointment right after the car dealership, and even noticed someone eyeing her, she's such a pretty colour and looks mean with her roof rack. Help me out folks, she needs a name. Nothing fancy, 'cause she's not a girly girl, and though she's small, she can hold her own (hey, sounds like me!) A practical but sassy name ... but sweet, and of course, totally unpretentious ... How about Greta?

Any other suggestions?

Alright, another busy day for me, but at least I got a good lie-in this morning ... the new muscle relaxant is easing the pain and I was actually able to fall asleep ... on the couch! I think this being able to sleep is really doing me some good ...

Headache scale:

10 = my head wants to explode

3 or 4 = low-level headache, might need some codeine to take the edge off as the day progresses but I can handle that sort of dull but persistent pain

So for the past two weeks, my headache has ranged between those figures, most often at around 7, but some horrible days at 10, and a few lucky days at 3 or 4. Today, I got really lucky and my headache basically stayed at 2 - I was THRILLED!!! No codeine necessary at all today ... I can still feel the headache there but my eyes did not once feel like they were being pushed out of their sockets! Perhaps this is a silly thing to rejoice, but it sure made a difference in my energy level, and increased my faith that I am am going to be A-ok. Told you the other day that I was going to "change my life" ...

Saw a great play with G at the Centaur tonight, "Hellfire Pass", which was really thought-provoking and had super touching moments - I loved it! Acting was amazing, script was superb and finely-crafted. I was riveted. I cried. G didn't ... um, wasn't quite his flava. Nevertheless, he enjoyed it, kinda. I'd see it again if I had the time ... Catch it before the run ends on March 4, this Saturday!!

I was a bad girl afterwards and gave in to my cake craving when we went out for coffee. Wasn't my fault ...that craving has been haunting me all week, what was I supposed to do?! And um, now I feel nauseous, but more likely because of some McDo that I had in the 10 minutes I had to gobble down both lunch and supper before heading off to the theatre ... See what happens to me when I don't train? Confession: I've been eating chips in front of the television almost every night as well ...

Well, wish me luck at physio tomorrow and cross your fingers for me. I'm hoping C lets me go swimming this weekend :-)

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good morning Sally – sounds like things are finally coming around, good for you. Healing , what a bummer. I started physio as well. A year too late maybe, who knows. Like the name for your new baby, take care, have a good weekend. xo -- df

6:10 a.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

How about "ironwoman transport pod"

1:57 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home