Saturday, March 04, 2006

Did the man say I couldn't dance?

Another long day full of lots of running around ... bad news is they can't fit the second ski rack on Greta, my car ... so I will be stuck sticking one of the snowboards in the car after all ... Let's see what solution they come up with at the car dealership next week.

Went to my second session of physio today and C told me that I was much better. He worked with the bones and muscles around the base of my neck ... hurt a bit, but a good kind of pain ... Just wished he could have gone a little bit further with the pressure and cracked it, but I know, I know, he didn't want to cause more damage and had to go slowly. At least the headache is more like just an annoying ghost, but the shoulder and neck muscles are still so tight! C said I still can't go swimming or running yet but I can cycle, if I don't move my upper body at all. Yeah ...

I am going stir crazy with not training, so since I can't swim, etc., decided to go swing dancing tonight. Did more socializing than dancing but it did me some good to catch a few songs. Had to be careful and had to warn all the leads to be gentle on my neck and shoulders. They were good ... and I was happy.

Most amazing thing happened tonight. Had a nice chat with Cat and she told me about her recent revelation. She told me how much the "Follow your bliss" quote on my website had affected her ... and I told her that when I first came across that quote, it had changed my life completely, and I still live by it. Cat told me that she's always wanted to be a doctor and even though she already has a stable career and can even take over the family business later on in life if she wants, she knew when she read that quote, she had to pursue her lifelong dream. She's applied for medical school abroad (European citizen) ... let's cross our fingers for her. She needs to live out this dream - it finally all feels so right. And to all those who follow your dreams, you know how she is feeling right now :-) And I am soooo happy for her. D, her boyfriend may not be the happiest camper about the impending distance, but he is an amazing guy and he loves her a lot so I know they will be able to figure it out. I have no doubts. Love is wonderful!

It's amazing that so many people work jobs and live lives that they hate. No amount of $$$ is worth feeling despondent or even unmotivated or mediocre. You live once and you can lose it in the blink of a second, as I know first-hand ... Take the risk. Do what your heart says. Follow your bliss ... The worse that can happen is that you fail, but you will have tried. But if you really really want something, I doubt you will let yourself fail because you will never give up.

Am I successful at what I do? Acting? Perhaps I'm not bringing in the big bucks, but at the end of the day, I know I made the right choice years ago when I dropped out of university to pursue my dream. Is life hard? Do I hit bad spells? Yeah, you betcha ... everyone goes through those from time to time. But life is transitory, everything must change, and one must always have faith and believe. Do I regret my choices? Absolutely not. I don't need society to deem me a success. I follow my bliss and that is reward and success enough. I have been true to myself. I am at peace and I am happy and I am a very lucky woman :-) Thank you universe.

And thank you Cat for touching my soul in telling me that I touched yours ...

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you Bonnie for your kind words. You are an inspiration for me and I'm sure to many others. And you are a pleasure to read as well; you should write a book!!!

Kat

4:09 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home