Tuesday, February 14, 2006

What an evening! Now I can sleep!

Just a quick note as I will have to be up early enough to get Dirk off to the airport. After getting back home late, spent a good bit of time talking to him about cool fund-raising ideas that could also involve the athletic community. Hmmm ... it will be interesting, but first let me tell you about ...

LOCK & KEY

Not as well attended as I would have hoped (it's a Monday!) but way more fun than I could have ever imagined! Changed the concept - everyone got both a lock and a key - a true mingles party. It was hilarious to see the horde of excited people gathered around the "Lock & Key" table where they would go when they made a match ... like a shark feeding frenzy ... Within a minute of receiving their new lock or key, people would be trying it out already with the others who were still waiting to put their name into the draw again with their own match! Give us a cool game to play and we are suddenly children again! A definite must-repeat event, that's for sure!

Special thanks to Karina Club Lounge for hosting this event, "Timeless", a fantastic band who got everyone dancing, and all my other sponsors (they were many!) An especially huge and gracious thank you to Geoff Brown for all the hard work he put into my website. Big hugs and sincere gratitude to my hard-working volunteers without whom I would not have been able to pull this off ... Dirk, David, Allie, David, and Geoff. I am lucky to have you as my friends (thank you universe!)

By the way, that yellow thing you all got in your sponsor "loot" bags ... that's a portable frisbee ... try it out :-) and enjoy.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Sally,
Sorry to have missed all the fun.....
where's todays blog? I'm guessing you're in TO

G

7:25 a.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi guys, I'm guessing the same thing. Hope your mom is doing better Sally, my thoughts are with you.

Mine has hospital visits next week and surgery scheduled for March...

I'm like your shadow, but on a more modest scale..hug & kiss darling.

8:26 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home