Monday, February 20, 2006

I have a valid reason ...

Wanted to swim tonight but the headache that I've had all day (and basically since the accident) had reached intolerable. Yes, I've had this lingering headache and it's been affecting me in waves of bad to worse ... Add to it nausea and and a low-grade fever and voilĂ ! No training today!

I actually went to the pool late this afternoon hoping to get in some relaxing laps. I found it strange that there was no one in the locker room but I changed anyway. I heard a woman calling out things so I went to take a peek. The overhead lights had been dimmed and the lights in the pool had been turned on. The water had this magical luminescent feel to it and it was beautiful and serene. I found out quickly that the pool was in fact closed to the public and it was a master's class for juniors. It was quite adorable to see four lanes of children from 9-13 all doing the same drills. It felt so out-of-this-world, almost like I was spying on a group of pixies! My motherly instinct kicked in and I felt so proud!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home