Tuesday, February 21, 2006

Day #6 of my headache ... ARGH !!!!

Back and neck felt sorer today than the other days. How frustrating! My headache is killing me still, though it is much less intense right now than it was last night when it made me nauseous. I was actually able to concentrate better today and was a little more productive which boosted my morale. I'm on the road back to my old self.

Was getting ready to go out for a relaxing swim when Dirk, my trainer, called. He forbade me to go swimming and told me to bite the bullet and allow myself to rest properly ... My training was to go lie on the sofa and rest my head and watch some television.

Did I go swimming? No.

Did I rest my head and watch some television? Um, no ... but my friend R came over later on and did a little "laying of hands" on me, well not quite, since his hands never really touched me but were just placed close by. I don't know what he did but when his hands surrounded my head, it alleviated some of the pain and pressure. Fantastic! It felt hot around my head as he transferred the pain from my head into his hands, which he would then shake out from time to time as the pain accumulated there. Thanks R!!

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Bonjour chérie, know how difficult it is when for a variety of reasons you can`t keep up with the training schedule, in your case, a very demanding one, but you need to take care of the aches first. Perhaps have a doc check you out again ?

Been reading what you have to say about your mom, touched me. I'll be keeping mine company today as she goes for pre-op testing for her surgery in March. Tomorrow we meet the surgeon again..hopefully it will all be good. She needs a hip, her mobility has decreased so much these past months, its heartbreaking.

Take care, je pense souvent à toi = df

6:03 a.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

sounds like snake oil to me...... go see your Dr. .... coz we care

7:49 a.m.  
Blogger Dlely Le Terrible said...

Take care ;)

7:57 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home