Friday, January 13, 2006

I imagined the last 10k of the Ironman while running down my hallway

Got all excited today with the flurry of e-mails I got from Dirk, my trainer, David, and Metalboy about aerobars for my bike. I guess it's that same type of excitement parents get when buying a crib for their baby, even though she is only 3 months old in her mother's tummy. Means that this Ironman is becoming real and not so much of a dream ... w-o-w ...

Worked on my website and CDA fund-raiser all day, too much so ... would have liked to have gone for a longer run, but had to find contentment in just a 25 min. run around my neighbourhood. I hopped into the car afterwards and scooped up the kids from school, then we hit the pool where I swam pretty well non-stop for 35 min. Did all the strokes, no drills, but of course concentrated mainly on front crawl. Didn't count laps, too confusing, but I did manage to slip in 3 laps of my precious butterfly (happy, happy, happy!) I wonder what the other swimmers think as I push all that water everywhere ... it creates quite a commotion in the pool. Or perhaps that is just my perception and my flailing body, legs and arms are what's really causing the commotion.

Anyway, good training day, short ... but intense!

Bad news is ... I worked hard at timing the cooking of a braised beef to coincide with my afternoon schedule. Should have been ready to put the veggies in with the beef when I got home with the kids from the pool ... realised that I had forgotten to turn the oven on when I came back from my run to pick up the swimming bags. Oh well, late supper tonight, but tasty! Gosh I love food!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home