Thursday, January 12, 2006

This is my present reality or am I sleeping and is it a dream?

It's super late at night or rather super early in the morning and I just got back in. I was at Geoff's working with him on my website. This is all for that fund-raiser I'm organizing at Karina's on Feb. 13 (mark it in your calendars!) Did I tell you I have to raise $7,500? Now, is the fund-raising or the training harder? Which one do you think will take up more time? Why am I not getting any rest though I don't have a day job? Alright, this is admittedly a crunch period as the event is only a month away and I still have yet to get the invitations out, nevermind hitting up all my friends for donations, meaning I'm not yet one iota closer to my fund-raising goal ... sigh ...

Good news! My neck is a bit better. A friend heard about my condition and pitied me ... came over to work all the good crunchy bits of knotted muscles out of my neck and shoulders. I have some mobility!

Training today, er yesterday ... short swim with David. Too tired to do more than two laps at a time. Mind you, I was working hard and doing some sprinting. Really trying to watch my technique now and try things out to get me further with less energy. It must be working 'cause today I seemed to be passing lots of women, though I don't know if that really counts as there was only one lane so included the extra slow swimmers.

Tomorrow I'm supposed to train at 7am in the pool with my tri team ... hmmm ... who thinks I will make it? I was supposed to train in the pool with MetalBoy Wed. morning at 6:15am. He even gave me a wake-up call, but I figured it wasn't a good idea getting into the pool after less than two hours sleep.

It's probably not a good idea staying up to write this blog either ... alright, I will drink my tea and behave. Good night, folks!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Silly Sally,
You're nuts. Waking up a 7 am and going to sleep sometime after 2:38 am. I am not sure that is textbook training... but I admire you for trying it. I just imagined a 4K swim (the clamouring aggressive start, pushing people underwater to get ahead), the 180 KM cycle (I know what that's like, so do my knees), and the 42K run(no clue what running for 3-4 hours is like), and I thought that it takes someone with a few bolts firmly screwed in there, or a few bolts loose. I guess time will tell.
Jason aka Sick as a dog

8:32 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home