Monday, July 16, 2007

Sometimes it has nothing to do with how well you drive ...

I got hit by a car today. Rear-ended.

I had stopped for a light. But the driver behind me decided not to stop.

He was driving some huge SUV. My car is a little Chevy Aveo. Can you imagine the impact? His car pushed mine into the station wagon in front of me.

No apology, no how are the kids, how is your friend? He did ask me if I was alright, and I said quite clearly, evidently shaken, "NO, I am NOT alright."

Do you think he would have noticed that all my hair, which had been thrown forward with my neck, was still stuck all over my face? Noooo ... he was just a stupid a-hole driver who walked back to his car with no comment.

Then when I finally went to speak with him to ask him what the f*ck he thought he was doing (without using those words), he mentioned something about "it was something in my car" then had the gall to say about the accident, "It was nothing." Nothing? ... NOTHING? "I told you I was not alright, my neck and shoulders hurt and you say it is nothing?" The unapologetic man tried to defend his inattentive driving with callousness and nonchalance. That never works, bud ... it just makes you a bigger jerk.

And the woman whose car I got pushed into, all she could say was "I'm a doctor, I'll only talk to you when you calm down. I'm not listening to you." Then she turned her back like a spoiled little brat who couldn't get her way.

Excuse me, Madame ... obviously, there are good reasons for my not feeling calm ... Let me point them out to you because you are so un-observant:

1) I am hurt. All I need is more whiplash on top of last year's whiplash.

2) The driver who hit me refused to accept responsibility.

3) He also had no concern for the passengers of my car, namely me, my kids and my friend.


Thank you Madame for your utter lack of concern. I am glad I am not your patient.

My neck hurts, my back hurts, and my shoulder hurts ... but worse, I feel shaken down to my core emotionally, especially since I am still healing from last year's accident and it's been such a long road back.

Oh, here's another stupid proud remark from the doctor when I told her that whiplash is serious ... "Oh, I've treated lots of people with whiplash." Yup, that's why she took my being upset and in pain so unseriously.

To top it all off, I overheard the guy driver say to someone on his cell phone, "There's nothing wrong with her".

What happened to decency, respect, compassion and caring?

Sad world in which we live when we encounter incidents like this. Just remember, this is a choice one makes, to care or not to care.

I choose to care.

Thanks JC for caring and consoling me through my tears. Thanks Gustav for trying to massage out the pain ... and thank you to my boys for all the hugs you gave me when you saw how shaken up mummy felt.

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home