Monday, November 27, 2006

Whoops!

I went to the pool last night. I felt like a rock. It's been three months since I did IMC and I have lost so much fitness. I guess that happens when I only run, bike and swim infrequently. Only swam for about 40 minutes, laps and drills, but I felt like I had to work harder. My arms aren't nearly as strong as before and I have to concentrate harder on technique though I was told that I still swim smoothly. That's probably because I'm swimming so slowly.

So tonight, I figure I'd go to the pool again, the start of getting my swimming up to par. I go to the pool in my friend's neighbourhood but there's no one at the counter. I figure I'd see someone by the pool and then pay on the way out. I change and take a quick shower and head to the poolside. There isn't any "pool person", just swim coaches, because it's the Masters group, Blue Machine, and it is not a public swim period like I thought it was. So no swimming for me tonight.

I had also planned to do some important errands tonight after swimming, which I couldn't do because of Murphy's Law. I had left my purse at a friend's house.

And of course running was not a second option since I'd forgotten my run bag at home and it was way too far to travel from my friend's house. Price to pay for helping to renovate a friend's house ... not having my stuff at hand when I find a free moment to train.

Dang ... guess the stars and planets just don't want to line up for me tonight with the training ... But my friend's new office is looking spiffy what with all the work that's been put into it in the last week!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home