Thursday, November 23, 2006

Help me decide


WHAT HAPPENS WHEN YOU:

1) have nothing to do
2) own a sharp knife
3) have a large lime
4) own a patient cat
5) drink too much tequila


Alright, now on a more serious note ... I sometimes wonder how I'm ever able to run marathons ... or how I was ever able to do the Ironman. Last night I went for a half hour swim with KillerChops (teaching him to swim, ya know!) and though my breathing and technique came automatically, within minutes my residually sprained ankle and little-used arms were feeling it. Swam a whole bunch of lengths, but never more than 100m at a time. What a long half hour.

Trying to decide whether to run or swim right now ... It was easier when I was in tri training - do both! And it's easy enough when I'm in "marathon training" - run! But now that I'm back to sloth mode ... Which one would be better for me or give me the greatest pleasure - OOOOH, that's a toughy now ... Knee hurts but running gives me a more intense workout. My physiotherapist told me to swim swim swim because I have a muscle imbalance created by my back injury ... but then would I have enough time?

Decisions, decisions ... good thing I'm not allowed to kickbox yet or I would have way too many sporty choices ... boy do I miss punching and kicking! GRRRR!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home