Monday, November 20, 2006

Shout out to my good friend David Fein!

I'm almost always afraid now of when the phone rings long distance (double not single ring) ... Recently, I have been bombarded by nasty telemarketers, the majority of them being hang-ups on me before a human being's voice ever makes it past the automated dial-up system. For example, tonight I got one of those wonderful calls from a newspaper looking for a new subscriptor. No thank you. When do I have time to read the paper?

Later tonight though, the phone rang double again ... but this time it was my good friend David Fein from New York City. He had read my blog about the race and was pretty impressed with Marcus' and my mad dash around Manhattan.

Let me tell you, I am the one who is impressed. David Fein is one of those truly amazing fellas that one doesn't meet everyday and I am extremely fortunate to have gotten the chance to become friends with him. Funny how we actually met ... in a pool at a West Coast Swing dance convention in the States.

I was floundering badly in the water and he came over to help me out and give me tips. I credit him in fact to helping me to believe that I could one day learn to swim, that becoming a triathlete was possible. At that time, I hadn't given that much thought to Ironman, but of course, it was great to talk to David about the sport of triathlon ... That conversation and his encouragement opened my eyes to the possibilities.

We plan to do a triathlon together next spring ... Yay! I've run and swam with David, and of course danced (he is a wicked good dancer), and soon, I will get to cycle and race with him. Will have to get back down to NYC for the grand tour too and what better guide to show me around than my super fun friend, David ... I am sooo looking forward to it! Thanks David just for being you ... xoxo

Oh yeah, um, sorry David, I didn't end up swimming tonight as planned ... My friend Killerchops was knackered having only caught a few hours of shut-eye last night and changed his mind. We decided to watch Shakes the Clown instead. I'll swim tomorrow morning.

Anyway, I've been feeling really tired recently and I can't seem to get enough rest. Call it severe sleep deprivation or just general exhaustion, but as my doctor told me, one or two nights of good sleep aren't enough to fix it. I'll need months of good solid sleeping.

In the past five and a half years, I've participated in 11 marathons, 7 half marathons, a sprint, half Ironman and full Ironman triathlon, raised over $30,000 for charity, worked contractually during the days , and also had a career as an actress. Am I starting to feel tired?

Yes.

So I'd better get some good rest before I start my next big projects ... pssst, they're still secrets for me to know and you to find out :-)

1 Comments:

Blogger Tuco said...

Hey Sally, you might be interested in this petition:
http://www.gopetition.com/online/10170.html

which asks the Fed. Gov. to promote cycling as a preferred means of transportation.

Good luck with the training and ballroom "cross training." : )

11:59 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home