Friday, November 17, 2006

Is it the weekend already?

Can't believe this week has flown by ...

No training on Wed. or today, but a short jaunt around the neighbourhood yesterday. Just 25 min. but enough to make my restless legs feel better. Anyway, it was all the time I had in the busy day.

Today, I figured that the ballroom dancing tonight would be enough "cross-training" and though it didn't elevate my heartrate tremendously, it still made me sweat a bit ... and besides, it was a lot of FUN! Hey, ballroom dancing will be the next craze and I am quite looking forward to it.

Yesterday, I had an echocardiogram done, just something routine to check out if my premature beats were anything serious. It was strange to sit in the waiting room at the hospital. I almost felt like it was inappropriate that I looked so healthy and was so much younger than the others. Makes me wonder why people let themselves go like that ... For sure certain things are hereditary, but there is so much one can do to stave off aging and bad health just with a bit of exercise.

Well, fortunately, it turns out that everything checks out A-OK with my heart and in fact, the doctor told me that I have a heart like someone in their 20's. Cool, maybe when I'll be 50, it'll look the same. Heartrate while I was laying there ... 50 bpm. Not bad, but I've had it lower at home when I felt more relaxed instead of stressed out getting tested at the hospital. The doctor told me that premature beats happen often enough with people who have low heartrates as the heart has time to pick up signals generated from other regions of the heart.

Whew! Always good to find out that I'm healthy and that I don't have anything to worry about ...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home