Sunday, October 08, 2006

Maybe all that food ain't so good for me ...

Met up with Marcus on Mount Royal today. I wanted to sleep in but alas, I had to be a good girl and get out and do *some* running. I have a marathon coming up in less than a month and I suppose I should try to up my mileage. Last week I did 12 km total. Today, we ran 11 km. Hopefully, I will add a few more km's to that by the end of the week. If I am really good, I will somehow get up to some ridiculous weekly mileage of 60 km/week or more. Yeah, I would totally be breaking the 10% weekly increase rule but it wouldn't be the first time.

Met up with TurtleBoy for a feast afterwards - he somehow thinks it's his obligation to *feed* big sis well. I think it's more like he likes the camraderie of someone who enjoys food as much as he does, and who has an equally humungous appetite. I told him that I felt like I had run a marathon or that someone had beaten me ... effects of a nasty cold coupled with a longer than usual run (well longer than what I'm used to). Oh! Sleepy ...

Tonight was Thanksgiving supper with a good friend's family. Yummy. I limited myself to three portions of dessert.

What a wonderful week for food but a horrible week for the diet! I've been allowing myself to eat copious amounts of delicious food in anticipation of all the marathon training I'm going to do, except that none of that has happened yet, and I'm starting more and more to doubt that it ever will.

Alright, tomorrow ... I will kick my butt tomorrow ... or perhaps the day after tomorrow ... or whenever I get a grip on this cold and start feeling better, I swear!

Good night, folks. Nyquil will be tucking me in tonight ... zzzzzzzzzz

p.s. Race report being edited ... yes, Df, it's finally going to come out ... :-)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home