Friday, September 29, 2006

Descent into indulgence ...

I've had a hankering for ribs recently, and not just any ribs ... ribs from Baton Rouge. I thought that I might be able to convince my buddy TurtleBoy to join me for some last night but he dissed me for a friend who needed some tech support and left me ...

... S-t-a-r-v-i-n-g ... sniff, sniff.

Late this afternoon, I met up with KillerChops who wanted my advice on some office shopping he wanted to do. He suggested I stay for supper. I told him "maybe" since I had to get back into town to do some things, then I asked him what he planned on making. He said he'd pull something out from the freezer. I asked, "Do you have any ribs?"

On the way over to Bureau en Gros, KC pointed out the Baton Rouge in his neighbourhood. Great. Taunt my craving. When we parked, KC noticed the nearby Harvey's and said he could go for one of their burgers. I told him I would go if I could get some onion rings.

SS: A burger and rings might get rid of my craving for ribs.

KC: No ... Ribs will get rid of your craving for ribs.

Into the Bureau en Gros we went, then out a little while later, KC a happy consumer ...

SS: Alright, let's go to Harvey's ... dinner will be done and then we can do other things.

KC: No, let's go to Baton Rouge.

SS: (huge drooling grin)


We happily inhaled our ribs and all the fixings that go with them. I think my body still thinks it's in Ironman training by the copious amounts of food it can ingest. Actually, I WISH my body was still in Ironman training just so I know I have the RIGHT to eat amounts like that ... sigh ... Not the healthiest meal but it was soooo worth it!

Hour swim in a neighbourhood pool with KC shortly afterwards. Some drills but mainly laps. I gave him swimming tips and tried to teach him to balance his body better to not create so much drag.

Ribs + swimming = UGH

Only one way to make it worse and that is to further indulge with Krispy Kreme donuts afterwards.


Glazed Cruller
-------------------------

Chocolate Iced Kreme Filled

-----------------------------------------

Glazed Lemon Filled
--------------------------------
Cinnamon Apple Filled
-----------------------------------

New York Cheesecake

-----------------------------------

and of course, the Original Glazed!

Half a dozen please, which means three each!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Woah... now who's taunting who with these pics? You didn't get the all-dressed baked potato?

Hope you learnt your lesson, Harvey's has NOTHING on Baton Rouge! I love that place...

I gotta say, Krispy Kreme would have been overboard for me... You guys are amazing! 3 each!

6:59 a.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm now craving onion rings and ribs, and a lemon donut doesn't sound too bad either. I think I'm going to go crunch on an apple and pretend I didn't see this.

8:47 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home