Thursday, October 05, 2006

Wimp!

Dressed and primed for running outside, I stood on my front porch and watched the rain drizzle. I didn't remember it raining THAT hard just before I got dressed! AAARGH!!!

Normally, I would run in that kind of rain and cold, but I was in a rush since I had a film shoot to get to an hour later. I decided to cut my losses and finish getting ready in peace and quiet, instead of the usual frenetic pace at which I normally do things.

[Sigh]

11+ hours on set yesterday ... Holding area was in a gutted, dusty and dirty concrete warehouse space. Cold yet annoyingly "warm" because of the dampness. Ick. The rain continued to pour the rest of the day. Finally got around to shooting 7.5 hours after arriving and had to do a club scene which took another 3.5 hours to shoot. Dance, dance, dance!

There was a certain Barbie-like creature not far from my little group of dancer friends who was either the most boring dancer in the world or a girl who was suffering. I imagined her packing her wardrobe as she got ready for the shoot ...

"Oh, I just HAVE to bring those incredible red shoes with the super duper pointed toes and stilletto heels ... Won't I be the sexy one!"

OUCH!! High price to pay for ego ...

Interesting fact - Did you know that "dry ice effect" is not created with dry ice at all but a special oil? And it coats your skin, hair and contact lenses wickedly. I was really happy when I finally got to take a hot shower at the end of the day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home