Friday, September 22, 2006

When it rains, it pours ...

I think that's how my life is ... never just a little busy, always a lot busy and in fact, too busy. I don't understand how people can say, "I'm bored - I have nothing to do."

I'm actually writing this from the set of STEAK, a Quebec-France co-production about a futuristic society in 2014 that is obsessed with plastic surgery. Sorta like how it is today, except in this film, people walk around with post-surgery bandages totally unashamed because it's an everyday occurrence and very commonplace.

We're shooting outside. Yesterday I completely froze my butt. Not even the borrowed down coat between takes could warm me up. Today I came prepared and brought an under layer for my costume. Lo and behold, today it's beautiful and sunny outside, and comfortably warm. No need for those special little feathers. We'll see later this afternoon though - I see clouds rolling in ...

Word of advice for wannabe actors who are playing extras:

- If the costume or make-up people dress or do you up a certain way, please respect that. Do not adjust the style or how something is worn; do not add to or alter your make-up. You do not know what has been decided between the costume & make-up people, the stylist and the director. Leave your egos at home ... you can and will eventually piss someone off. Do you want to continue working on other sets?

- A good crew forms the backbone to a good film actor and ultimately a great film. Please be professional - they let you do your work, please let them do theirs by respecting them.

- Just my two cents from years of experience in this field ...

On another note:

I thought about running as I drove back home from set last night after a very cold and exhausting 13-hour shoot that started at 6:00 am. Up at 3:30 am, I had managed to slip in a lucky three hours sleep before doing some work on a writing contract before heading out the door for set.

Ugh, needless to say, I didn't end up running, but did coerce myself to drop by the YMCA pool and swim for 25 min. How was I ever able to survive that 4km swim leg of the Ironman?!

One thing that I still have to wrap my mind around is that I am no longer specifically triathlon training. My season is officially over - no more triathlon races for me this year.

I am supposed to be gearing up to run the NYC marathon November 5, but the thought of just running is B-O-R-I-N-G. Guess I've been spoiled by tri training. Why can't I still do it all? Maybe I'll "tri" ... Argh ... bad joke ...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home