Monday, August 07, 2006

Lolly-gagging in La-La Land

It's been a week since I posted, and since then, haven't much news for you all ... Been a veritable triathlete delinquent recently and been distracted with other things that I've been forgoing and neglecting for a long while.

Last Tuesday was a bust because I worked on the postponement of my charity event all day then had a previously planned engagement later that evening. Wednesday, I only fit in a short 40 min. dip in the pool with half serious swimming. Thursday, I can't even remember what I did ... but it wasn't super productive - oh, oh, oh ... I did have to go to go into town for an appointment then some running around to take care of kiddie things, then into the office for a while ... alright, some running around, now that I come to think of it.

Friday was a killer day. Back-back-contracts. Shot a corporate video where I played a mother of two undergoing chemotherapy for vulvar cancer ... extremely emotional scene where she realises that she may not make it through to see her children grow up. When I did the read for this role, I knew it was for me ... "A mother of two. I work part-time and do a lot of volunteering ... " Needless to say, I nailed the shot in one poignant take (yay!) and can't wait to see the finished edit as it is some of my best work. I can't say more about the project since it is confidential but it will help A LOT of women ... Short shoot - only eight hours, but no break.

Second work contract started at 10 p.m. I didn't get home until 4 a.m. Ugh ... another almost sleepless night. Fifteen hour day.

My turn for the kids for vacation started Sat. morning and first on the plate was a weekend away close to Quebec. My dear friends got married.

Here's to you, A. & L. - I love you both tremendously and wish you much bliss in your life together ...



Sunday: a little get-away with friends at a cottage. Went for two long swims. P. said I swam 2k each time. I'd like to believe that :-) The water was fantastic ... nice and clean and clear. First time out, I had to get used to the fact that I was out in the middle of a lake and if I ran into difficulty, there would be no one there to come help me ... Still getting used to the plants and fish, but that stuff is starting to ick me out less and I'm starting to enjoy it - something to look at. Practised sighting and finally getting more used to waves and a current. P. accompanied me the second crossing as they were all afraid I'd get run over by a boat or ski-doo or some other horribly loud and noise-polluting water vehicle. I figured I didn't want to worry them a second time ...

I like open-water swimming.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home