Monday, July 24, 2006

Now I'm feeling it ...

Procrastinated productively today with my training. Worked on sending invitations out to my Lock & Key gastronomic fund-raiser. Still lots of work to do on it ... sigh.

126 km cycle tonight in 5:04. Longest ride I've ever done. Hit the 90 km point at 3:36, which is not great, but not bad, considering that some of that time was manouvering through downtown traffic to get to the Lachine Canal path. Then of course there, I had to deal with slower cyclists, roller bladers and walkers. Only hit more open road once I got to the Lakeshore Blvd. Went out to the West Island and through Senneville.

There are some really crappy roads out there.

I stopped to take a "break" and got the most wicked toe cramp just from crouching. Why does this happen? This is not the first time. I would have relieved myself at the gas station but was told the toilet didn't work and that they had to call a plumber. I asked the clerk how does he go, and he said he doesn't. Yeah, right ...

Anyway ...

I continued east along Gouin for a long while, then finally double-backed and went towards home, but feeling determined and strong still, I decided I needed to add in a few hills at the end so went back and forth on Cote Ste-Catherine from Mont-Royal to Decarie.

I really had to push myself to feel motivated enough just to do one "tour de l'île" (90+ km) but ended up doing a lot more. It's interesting ... My legs actually started feeling stronger and faster after about 40km or so. I sure take a long time to warm-up. I could have gone on longer, but figured that it had been dark already for a long time and it was time for supper and bedtime.

Riding in the dark is really cool, 'cept for the sudden unexpected bumps. Peaceful with hardly anyone around, and almost no cars ...

Got home, took a bath and ate some leftovers. I was really wired but now I'm not. What happened to that adrenaline? zzzzzzzzzzz ....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home