Sunday, July 16, 2006

Please say a prayer for my mother

When I got home last Thursday, I called my mother to tell her we'd gotten back home safely. She did not answer. My spidey-sense tingled but I told myself that perhaps she had gone to sleep early from being tired.

I got awoken from a call from my cousin. My mother was in the hospital. They found her a liver donor and as I write this, she has had a liver transplant and is in stable condition. It is a fluke that she is the recipient of this donor organ as my cousin told me she was only 6th or 7th on the waiting list, but the hospital could not reach anyone that evening. Organ transplants can only be done in a small window of time. When I had talked with her doctor earlier this week, he had told us that it could be up to a three-year wait for a liver, on the urgent list. Pretty grim, especially knowing that Justin Poy has been waiting for five years ... I thank her lucky stars for this "lottery win". This liver will give her a chance against beating the cancer.

So please say a prayer for her and send good vibes so that she heal quickly without infection or rejection. Thank you.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home