Sunday, July 16, 2006

Eating, training, eating, more training, more eating

Yesterday, I had some yogourt for breakfast than went for a lazy 15k run with KJ (well, more like a jog because I was creepingly slow). We happily went onto the mountain path. With all the cycling and swimming, I find that my running has really gone south. Not enough mileage in them. Legs feel heavy and hard to turn-over. Perhaps it was just the heat and humidity. Perhaps not.

Came home and cleaned up. Had a big snack. Chicken wings, carrots and some nan bread with tomato sauce. Breakfast hadn't been too substantial. My "lil' brother" TurtleBoy called and invited me out for lunch. We went for Tonkinese soup. Yum. Then I dropped him off on the way to the pool. 45 min. non-stop swimming with drills thrown in.

Went back home to make some calls and met up again with TB and we caught "The Devil Wears Prada" together of course with more food - popcorn and iced tea (I'm not a soda pop drinker). Anne Hathaway is adorable and gorgeous. Meryl Streep is to-die-for devilish. What an incredible talent she has as an actor to make such a despicable character actually three-dimensional and "likeable". I'd see it again, not just for the great lines, but also to see how well Anne Hathaway wears the sassy fashions ... make me dream a bit about a more glamourous life. Reminisce about my youth and that fresh young innocence.

A great line in the film:
Miranda Priestly - "Yes, move at a glacial pace. You know how that thrills me."

More food afterwards ... peanut beef satay on rice noodles and key lime pie. Yummy. I kept telling myself everytime I stuffed myself that it's in prep for today's big cycling day.

Sometimes I'd like to take some days off and not have to adhere to a training schedule. I've been doing races for the past 5+ years. I'm thinking of taking a break, not from exercise, but from the pressure of always preparing for a race. It used to be that having a race in mind would motivate me ... now, I'm feeling tired. I miss my swing dancing, and my kick-boxing, and socializing without guilt about what time I have to turn in or if I can drink or about not getting too crazy and tired before training the next day.

I mentioned that I may not race at all next year to both KJ and TB and they laughed at me. I just want to be a lazy unmotivated sloth ... well, maybe not everyday ...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home