Thursday, July 20, 2006

Life is so precious and so fragile

To the beautiful Diane, aka Mrs. Mercury ...

I'd like to thank you for having been such a wonderful person. Thank you for your kindness, laughter and honesty. I loved your eccentricity, sincerity and your amazing warmth and positive outlook albeit your failing health. You will be missed, and I'm sorry that I didn't make it in time to go see you at the hospital - you slipped away so suddenly, I still can't believe it.

Thank you for all your support in my training, and for having raised such a wonderful daughter. She is one of my best friends. Thank you for making me feel special and like one of the family last Thanksgiving when I could not spend it with my own. It meant a lot to me, as did all our conversations and jokes, and also when you came to visit me with Mr. Mercury for my dessert party.

Yes, I will miss you, sweetheart ... I can't believe that you are gone ...

love Bonnie xoxo


-----------------------------------------------------
Wednesday's training:

- short dip in the pool, 35 min.
- made a mistake with the new summer schedule and toughed out swimming half lanes as long as possible but couldn't stand not being able to get any rhythm going because I'd already be at the end of the half-lane and have to turn around
- did some drills, concentrated on long strokes, pushing and pulling, did some sighting, some breast stroke ... dilly-dallied a bit and forced myself to continue swimming as long as possible though

- short slow cycle, spinning = 20k in 47 min.
- ugh, legs felt heavy and slow - not recovered from Tuesday's workout

- my right foot arch is killing me
- I got a bad cramp in it while swimming on Tuesday and had to stop swimming to massage it out. It's come back though ... OUCH!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home