Monday, July 17, 2006

Midnight Cycling

Procrastination can be an ugly animal. And sometimes this animal lives in my house.

Yesterday, I got my bike ready, clothes ready, drinks, food ready ... bike by the door, tires pumped, but I didn't go out for the longest while. In fact, it took a long time just to get everything ready.

In fact, the only thing that motivated me enough was the supper invitation out to Ste-Anne's 47 km away. BBQ steak. Yummy. So I hopped onto my bike and finally headed out the door at 7 pm. Got there around 9 pm what with the traffic I had to fight to get onto the bike path.

Left around 11:30pm with a very happy Buddha belly, lights flashing on my bike, and cycled lots more, taking the long way home. Nice thing about night cycling ... no cars. Got home at 2 am. 117 km done.

Incredible the number of dead bugs on me. I looked like the front of a car that has driven at night for hours. Couldn't count the number of little dead critters alone on my sports bra (I had been wearing a tank top with an open neck). Icky. Definitely not time for a bath, but a shower that would wash them all away.

Felt exhausted but wired afterwards. Ate some cereal. Couldn't fall asleep until 4 am.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Irongoddess,

I enjoyed reading your story. Riding a bike after a full steak meal is probably difficult (maybe for me).

I like your perspective regarding TRI training. I didn't know one can have fun too.

Have a great day!

Quicksilver

6:26 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home