Wednesday, May 31, 2006

The egg on my elbow is gone and I can swim - yay!

By the time I got to sleep last night, my head was pounding. No wonder ... good little blow I received. Got a really good night's sleep, though listening to the storm kept me up a little while ...
Maybe it was the low barometric pressure today, but I felt sleepy all day. Still had some remnant headache too ... but I think I'm just sensitive because of the concussion. In fact, I haven't been telling any of you, but my post-concussion headaches are not yet gone, just incredibly diminished but at least not the want-to-throw-up type that I was having the first two months after the accident. These are just twice-weekly headaches that I get that last from one to three days. You might be thinking, "Oh, that's horrible!" I'm thinking, "What a RELIEF!" Huge difference to what I had before and at least these can be calmed by pain-killers.

Anway, back to training ... I was supposed to meet a runner friend and cycle together on the Gilles Villeneuve Race Circuit but it started thunderstorming. Bummer. So I took a long nap instead after supper. Yawn!

Got up and was a good girl and forced myself to the pool, though my gut told me, "Stay home and vegetate in front of the television!" 200m warm-up followed by 8 x 175m, 20 sec. recuperation after each, just like Dirk wrote in my schedule. The pool is not quite 25m, so feeling that I "cheated", I followed this by 2 x 50m sprint just for fun and before I got time to do a few cool-down laps, I got booted out of the pool. 10pm closing time. Awww!

I couldn't believe how hungry I was when I got home. I saw Dirk online and mentioned that I wanted to do some spinning later because I missed my bike work-out but he told me to go to bed.

My Ironwoman instinct is feeling guilty for missing out on the scheduled ride today, but my gut is telling me, "Go to bed!" Hmmm ...

Zzzzzzz ... Night folks!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home