Friday, June 02, 2006

My heartbeat has early beats - what does that mean?

Thursday:

Got woken up by a friendly Df, a gal from my running group. I had put in a wake-up request on the running group board and she was nice enough to do me the favour. I lay in bed for an extra 20 min. before I forced myself out. Had to go cycling, you know ... I don't know how triathletes get up at 5am. Earliest I've been up to train is 6:30am. So got in a nice hour and a half cycle. What a breezy day!

Busy, busy, busy today with meetings and appointments. Saw my doctor in the afternoon for a routine physical. She listened to my heart and told me I have "early beats" and sent me for an ECG (electrocardiogram). I came back from the hospital with the report. Yup, premature beats, whole bunches of them.

Seem like other electrical impulses in my heart are causing it to beat when it shouldn't be ... I don't know what to think of this yet ... have to wait for the cardiologist's full report. Hmmm ...

Met up with the Montreal Coolrunners for a Hell Hills run in Westmount. Gruelling ... and because I was with these super fast guys, was forced to run a faster pace than I would have liked so as not to feel that I was running backwards. All things are relative, right? Don't know how far we went, but we covered lots of good hills, ugh, and made it back to the starting point in an hour and ten minutes.

And my heart? Who knows? Seems to still be ticking ... I'm alive still.

Today:

I wanted to go for a long swim just to relax but ended up talking to Dirk on the phone and he quickly nixed that. Yes, yes, you're right, it's marked on the schedule "day off" ...

Tonight:

Swing dancing :-)

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey there, glad to be of service to our Iron goddess in the making ; -) don't know how you knew it was me, had a mouth full of toothpaste, trying to get dressed, while munchkin was ready by the door...AND the following morning wasn't any better, the cat threw up as I was going out the door - I missed the bus - made it to work under the wire. Keep us posted on the heart thing..humm ?

8:35 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home