Monday, June 19, 2006

The return of the prodigal daughter ...

Sorry folks, been busy with kids and work and whatnot ... Have to apologize for having broken my promise last Thursday ... not my usual style!

Alright, this is what's been happening ...

Thursday, June 15
- cycled an hour with my friend JoeBoxter, up and over Camilien Houde ... about 20km. I'm getting stronger ... finally ...
- then I ran here and there and everywhere and did some errands at the same time for a total of an hour and a half. Sorry Dirk, I skimped out on that 5 extra minutes written in my schedule, but I had to make sure to pick up the kids on time!
- One of my errands was to leave my car at the dealership garage - Chevrolet Clermont. They absolutely suck for service ... but I will devote a whole blog entry just on how much they suck. It took them four months to "try" to make me a satisfied customer.

Friday, June 16
- Morning swim: 250 m warm-up followed by 10 x 225 m with last 25 m slowly increasing in speed, 20 sec. rest
- Then dashed off to a meeting, followed by physio (ouch!), followed by an audition, then had to pop into the office too - what a day!
- Sadly, no time left over to run, which I was supposed to do for 50 min.
- I thought about running beside the kids while they cycled, but it was more important to get the photos taken of me in my new Team Diabetes Canada uniform for my magazine article. Nifty, isn't it? Toulouse, my son, was the photographer ...



Me and my other son, Gustav

Me being my typical cheesy self! My kids hate when I do this :-)

I wonder if one day my kids will realise what their mother is trying to accomplish ... I think they already think I'm a little *crazy* though (but hopefully in a good way!)

Saturday, June 17
- Um ... gave a tennis lesson to my kids ... does that count as cross-training? What, you mean it only counts if I chased the balls too?
- Great to have a day off!

Sunday, June 18
- Great to have another day off!
- I felt guilty about taking this day off too but I ended up getting some much needed rest and managed to do some yard work for 3 hours, albeit the soaring temperature of 32C
- I told myself that I would at least run at night ... though telling oneself is different than doing ...

TODAY
- I felt guilty for my total lack of discipline Sunday so ...
- Bike: 100 km, through the rain and heat and sun and 30-40 km/h wind. It took me 4 hours ... not bad ... average speed 25 km/h, and that included warm-up and cool-down :-) Those little hills that used to slow me down don't anymore ... hehehe ... I'm finally getting me some cycling legs.
- Had to work tonight, but followed it right after with a 45 min. swim. Glide, glide, glide ... non-stop. Swam as slowly as possible, which is actually kinda difficult! I had to adjust my breathing a bit but kept getting water in my nose ... ugh!
- I considered running when I got home but happily nixed the idea when it started to rain, again. Figured between the cycling and the pool, I'd gotten wet enough for one day.

It's time to lay my head down for a good night's sleep. I figure I deserve it after almost 5 hours of training. To think, I have up to 17 hours in which to finish the Ironman - I can't imagine pushing myself like I did today for another 12 hours!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home