Friday, June 23, 2006

Excuse me, what time is it?

The great thing about working contractually is the time off. The bad thing about working contractually is that when it rains it pours. Back to back to back contracts this entire weekend. I got 2.5 hours sleep last night and will get another whopping 3 tonight due to finishing work at 2am. I started my first contract at 6am this morning.

Did I train today? Nope. Did I want to? Yes mentally but no physically ... I opted instead to take a 20 min. nap and do the prep work for tonight's contract. Did I get a break today? Yes, I spent some time meeting up with a cool stuntwoman friend from out of town who came in to see the Madonna concert ... Chinese dim sum is always a good choice!

While I was waiting for her in Chinatown, I checked out a bracelet at one of the market stalls. A tourist commented that it wasn't my colour. I replied that I agreed. He asked me if I was Chinese and I told him yes. He was amazed and exclaimed, "But you have no accent."

In my mind, I rolled my eyes ... (Excuse me, do all ethnic minorities have to speak with accents?) Maybe I should have put on my really bad Jamaican accent and faked him out entirely ... SHEESH!!

Alright, now that I've had my snack, it's off to beddy-bye ... working again tomorrow, but will try to get in a short spin before heading off downtown to the Grand Prix festivities ...

AGH ... I'm tired!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home