Sunday, May 28, 2006

Originally, I had planned to run the Ottawa Half Marathon ...

Saturday:

- I cycled 2 h 40 min. in the heat, close to 65k (?). I ate a really cool gel that tasted like jello and also a Quaker soft oatmeal bar. I love those. I ran out of cranberry juice so mixed white grape juice and water together with a pinch of salt. Ick. I added some orange juice and it made it taste "better". Still ick, but not unlike Gatorade or other sport drinks.

- I followed the cycling with a short 35 min. swim ... just drills and technique. Not my favourite thing to do. I have to think about which drill to do next and count laps and am always asking myself if I'm doing things correctly. It's so much easier to do this in Tri practice with my team.

- One of the swimmers that I see often enough at the pool commented on how much I've improved and we started talking technique. He appreciated my pointers ... imagine, me giving pointers ... ha ha ha ha ha!!

Today:

- After only 3 hours sleep (worked late last night and felt wired so stayed up to work, then couldn't fall asleep as I was thinking too much about future races), the pretty Kneejerk woke me up as planned. I asked her to call me back in 20 min. and unfortunately (ugh) she did.

- She ran over to my house and shortly afterwards, we did a very slow 21k run to the mountain, up and around the top then back down. She dropped me off at home and then finished with a 24k run at her house. She was in fine running form. I was not. My fault though - I didn't have enough sleep to recuperate my legs from Saturday's cycling. It was hot outside.

- I took a much needed nap before supper and felt like I could have continued until tomorrow morning! I ate like a voracious pig today and squeezed in social time with friends, which gets scheduled in waves when I feel I need to depart from hermit/training mode and "catch up".

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home