Friday, May 19, 2006

Those precious moments ...

Today I should have trained but the kids had a pedagogic day that the parents were informed about only just earlier this week - surprise! I had timed our activities today to take us to the pool during the family hour at the nearby pool that had one lane of lap swimming but we were too busy in the video store choosing our "rainy day" films. Scrap that swimming idea ...

After homework and supper, we watched a hilarious film made by the Wayan Brothers called "White Chicks". It's one of those films just to be watched and enjoyed ... Don't think about it too much or you'll ruin the fun. My kids and I laughed continuously at how ludicrous it was.

Last night, while browsing on the net, I came across almost by accident a cover of a song first sung by Diana Ross - "Theme from Mahogany". The lyrics of this song and the honesty of the musician's voice and of his interpretation stirred me.

Mr. Justin Roberts, thank you for sharing your wonderful cover of this classic song with us.

(hint: this is a link, folks ... click on it!)

Yes, today I should have trained but sometimes one needs just to take a step back from the rush of things just to breathe and laugh and love. Anyway, I was enjoying the moment too much cuddling and laughing with my kids on the couch ... such a shame it would have been to set up my bike and trainer and then cycle.

So many things happen in life and before we have time to take it all in and realise what it all means, can mean, or will mean, time has already happened and those moments are gone. Who knows what the future brings or what the answers to our lives are? We only know right now, and if we are conscious that we are breathing and alive, then we are lucky indeed. Everything in life is transitory and sometimes we just have to believe in hope and faith and love, believe that the universe will bring us to a better place inside and outside ourselves ...

Just be true ... and hang on tight ... xoxo

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi dear Sally!

THis JP from that net thing. Thanks for answering so quickly. I appreciate. I do not have a backstage pass yet; but soon I will. I'll let you know.
Thanks for the trust.
Wow. your blog site is great! Talk to you later... JPx Good day!

6:27 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home